Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Respecting other WAHM's

HI everyone,

I wasn't sure if i was going to write this or not.
I didnt know the "classy" "professional" way to go about this.

So I hope that everyone can understand where I am coming from. As a woman. As a mother. As a business owner.

The WAHM industry is growing so fast, and its so wonderful to see so many woman having the opportunity to stay at home and work. Whether its sharing a creativity that they posses or continuing on in their pre-baby field of work - but at home.

I think in the WAHM community there should be (and in some aspects is) a very wonderful common respect of each others work.

Its so lovely to see so many woman supporting each others craft.

Many WAHM's invest a huge amount of money into their business and huge amounts of time. I know i have not seen my children very much in the last month. My partner comes home we eat together and I am then in my office for the rest of the night sometimes until 2am completing orders and bringing my customers the products they love. I do this because I enjoy what I have created and I enjoy being able to have an income and stay at home during the day to parent my children.

I think I want to put this out there because I have had a bit of a run of the "copy cat" syndrome. There have been a couple of instances in the last month or so. (I will not openly speak poorly of the situation). But I think this post is asking for respect of my ideas/designs/craft. Please remember if you ever want to create a replica of a product that is quite original and innovative there is probably a woman on the other side that as worked really hard to bring her idea/passion to life.

Just some food for thought

xx

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I'm sorry to hear your hardwork is being copied, but i'm not surprised people would want to.
    I hope there are enough of us out there that love your style and the creativity and passion you put into your products that we can continue to support your business.

    ReplyDelete